Fishing & Angling around Killarney
Killarney and the surrounding district has some of the best salmon and trout waters in Ireland and is an ideal base for fishing enthusiasts. With miles of rivers and a choice of lakes, you won’t have to queue for time or space!
Trout fishing on Killarney’s Lakes is free and, for a small licence fee you can hunt for the magnificent wild Atlantic Salmon. On many of the nearby rivers and lakes, for a small daily/weekly charge you can fish for Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout and Salmon.
The seasons are as follows:
- Salmon from 17th January to 30th September.
- Sea-Trout, 17th January to 12th October.
- Brown Trout 15th February to 12th October.
Sea coast and deep-sea fishing options are but a short drive away on many points around the Atlantic Kerry coast.
Farranfore Fishing Guide
– Tel: +353 (0)66 976 4927 or +353 (0)87 122 9352
Killarney Lakeland Tours
– Tel: +353 (0)64 662 0865 or +353 (0)87 278 9335
O’Neills Fishing Tackle Shop, Plunkett Street, Killarney
– Tel: +353 (0)64 663 1970
Call to O’Neills for all the permits and licences you will require for fishing in Killarney.